Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Saved $115 at Publix

I had an awesome trip to Publix last night.  I saved $115 and spent $91!!  I got a lot of stuff.  My $50 gas card and two packages of pull-ups alone would've cost me $90 reg price.  I was able to get a whole lot more than that.  They're having a B1G1 sale plus I had a lot of great coupons.  I was also able to stack manufacter coupons with the store coupons.  That was extra helpful.

I purchased:  2 pks of noodles, gal of milk, 2 boxes Ghiradelli Brownies, 12 yoplait yogurts, 2 bags lays potato chips, 2 pkgs of 22 bags of chips, 2 boxes capri suns,  24 ears of corn, 2 Voila meals, 2 steam fresh bags of corn, 4 boxes of cereal, $50 gas card, and 2 pkgs of 26 pull-ups.

Here is what I did:  I had multiple coupons for steamfresh, yopait, pull-ups, potato chips,  lays multipack of chips.  Also used store coupons for gas card, pull-ups and steamfresh.

The best thing that happened was they had a clearance sign beside the pull-ups for $15.99 instead of $19.99.  I used two $5.00 store coupons and two $3.00 coupons for this purchase.   When the cashier finished ringing everything up I noticed pull-ups rang for $19.99 each.  Took my receipt to manager at service desk.  He went to get price check on clearance sign.  Someone had made a mistake and left the sign there, it should have been taken down.  Because the sign was there they were required to let me have it at $15.99.  Plus the gave me the Publix promise and gave me one of the packages free!  So with my combined coupons for this item I was able to get one package for $8 and the other I made $8.00!!!! I'm super excited these are the cheapest pull-ups I have ever bought :)  If I had known this would happen I would have wiped the shelf out and bought all of the packs!!  I still had more coupons I could use :)

No comments:

Post a Comment